UPDATED FEBRUARY 2008 (NEW - GUIDELINE #11)
1) NO POLITICS & NO SPAM. You will only be warned once. This includes personally messages to other members of the board. Please stick to items that you actually have in your possesion. This is not the place for general converation or for getting information. You can visit Brampton Talks for this. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BramptonTalks/
2) SUBJECT LINES (this is a MUST) Your message must fit into one of the 4 catagories. If it doesn't it probably shouldn't be here.
Use these phrases:
OFFER: old couch
TAKEN: old couch
WANTED: old couch.
[we ask that this be used only once a month per member, you don't want to seem greedy, because then nobody will respond to you]
REC'D: old couch
ADMIN: for issue by the moderators only
3) CAN WE USE FREECYCLE TO FIND NEW HOMES FOR PETS? Yes, keep it legal & be lovingly careful.
4) KEEP IT FREE, LEGAL AND APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES. NO MEDS!!
5) NO TRADING PLEASE.
6) FYI: RESPONSES GO ONLY TO OFFERER. It keeps down the sheer # of e-mails.
7) PICK UP. arrange as you like, if a charity responds, you may want to give them a 1st shot.
TIPS TO ORGANIZE ALL OF THE NEW E-MAILS YOU ARE GETTING:
a) CREATE A SEPARATE E-MAIL FOLDER & AUTOMATICALLY HAVE FREECYCLE STUFF GO TO IT. Create a separate folder in your Outlook Express & have Freecycle stuff sent to it automatically with a new rule under tools/message rules/mail/
b) SET TO DAILY DIGEST OR SPECIAL NOTICES. Realize, too, that you can set your personal preferences on the web page (under edit membership).
8) In the spirit of Freecycle, every member is requested to make their first post an offer.
9) Please include in your post your approximate location. This helps alleviate emails from members too far away for pick-up.
10) Everything offered or wanted must be tangible.
11) Please keep your requests for wanteds reasonable. ie: no requests for Ferrari's with low mileage. Also, please post your requests for wanteds no more frequently than once every 30 days.
Your Brampton Moderation Team